Properties | 841 Hard Road
This brick, hipped-roof, Italianate-style house with a cupola was built in 1840 and appears to have been built in two parts. It was built as a two-family home but has been converted to a single-family home. By 1840, many homes were using wood stoves. This home, like many others of the era, has no fireplaces. Downstairs retains the original windows and chestnut doors.
The outbuilding with its high stone foundation was originally used for animals. Pigs were kept on the lowest level and chickens were on the upper level. The barn was extensively rebuilt in 1930 following a fire.