Properties | 699 and 709 Five Mile Line Road
The saltbox-style home and barn at 699 Five Mile Line Road and the cider mill at 709 Five Mile Line Road were built in 1835 by Perry Langdon. Donat Mayer and his son bought the property in 1872 and began grinding and pressing their excess apples into cider. The cider mill grew as more people brought their apples to be processed. Harvey Mayer bought the property and later sold the cider mill to the Bower family and the Midnight family in 1962. The Mayer Cider Mill continues to be one of the very few cider mills remaining in Webster.