Properties | 566 Bay Road
The house located at 566 Bay Road is one of Webster’s oldest. This house was built in 1820 and purchased by Samuel Pierce and his wife in 1863. The original house is of gable front, side wing construction. The house originally had 17 rooms. Supports in the basement are the original trees from the property. Out-buildings were built in 1900.
Samuel Pierce owned the land along Lake Ontario, from the outlet of Irondequoit Bay to Forest Lawn. The Rome, Ogdensburg, and Watertown railroad traveled through the area and the Pierce Station was constructed early on.
In 1888, Samuel Pierce deeded the property which is now Forest Lawn to his son, Horace Pierce.