Properties | 539 Old Ridge Road
District No. 3 Schoolhouse
The home at 539 Old Ridge Road was originally the West Webster District #3 schoolhouse. It was built of local brick in 1857 to replace a smaller wood-frame school building that had been constructed in 1848. This brick schoolhouse was used for 35 years, until 1892.
One teacher taught all grades. Some of those teaching in this building were Mary Newland, Sarah Robb, George Middleton, George Turrell, William Ketchom, John Brasser, and Miss Brambly. The original bell that signaled the start of the school day remained in the house.