Properties | 31 West Main Street
This is a vernacular, 2 and ½ story house with Italianate and stick-style detailing that was popular between 1850 and 1880. Architectural details include round arch windows and the square chamfered porch posts. The distinctive cut-work woodwork in the gables and corners is found in the stick-style architecture. This is the only example of the stick-style detailing remaining in the village.
The home is believed to have been built by Dana M. Smith between 1864 and 1872. Mr. Smith was a tinsmith and had a business on West Main Street, selling stoves and related items.
In 1946, the Webster Diner was opened in an addition that had been built in the front of the house.