Properties | 1352 Schlegel Road
District No. 7 Schoolhouse
This home is an excellent example of the adaptive reuse of a building. The cobblestone school was constructed in 1846 and was used continuously until 1943. At one point, 100 students were attending. Webster schools centralized and the building was auctioned for $3,500. Fortunately, the new owners decided to adapt the school for its new use as their home. When there was a need for more living space, rather than tear down the school building, an addition was built.