Webster Bible church was formed in 1958 under the leadership of Rev. Robert L. Hollenbeck. Over the next two years, officers were elected and land was purchased at 675 Holt Rd. In 1962, Rev. Hollenbeck resigned and Rev. William R. Newson became pastor. The church building was completed in 1966. In 1971, Rev. Harry E. Fletcher took over the leadership of the church as senior pastor. At that time, 12.7 acres next to the church was purchased and a new 24 ft addition was added to the church building in order to accommodate the growing population of the church.
In August of 1973, a new education and gymnasium expansion was completed with the dedication taking place in 1974. The Webster Bible Christian School opened it doors in 1977. The school had students from kindergarten through sixth grades, later it expanded to a K-12 school. In 1984, the town of Webster gave its approval for a multi-purpose building and a new parking lot to be built. Groundbreaking took place in July and a dedication was held in 1985.
In September of 2000, the Webster Bible Church completed a 14-month expansion project. A new sanctuary, gym and nursery wing were completed. The sanctuary was renovated with the help of about 150 volunteers at a cost of a little over $1 million. Parishioners John and Art Gasparre served as general contractors. A new gym was completed in the west wing along with the nursery, locker rooms and classroom. The dedication took place in September with an Open House for the public in October.
In 2016, the Webster Christian School closed due to decreased enrollment.
Webster Bible Church ministries include Bible study groups for all ages and partnerships with the following groups: Pioneers, Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (ABWE), Crossworld International, Good News Jail and Prison Ministries, Camino Global; Fellowship of International Missions – Nigeria, TEAM- Portugal, Rochester Family Mission; BCM (Bible-Centered Ministries) International, Word of Life, Campus Crusade for Christ, Children’s Gospel Crusade, International Partnership Ministries, Greater Europe Mission – Germany, New Yorkers Family Research Foundation, Baptist Mid-Missions – Mexico/Texas.
|Rev. Robert Hollenbeck||1958-1962|
|Rev. William R. Newson||1962-1971|
|Rev. Harry E. Fletcher||1971-1989|
|Rev. Ronald F. Satta||1989-2011|
|Rev. Matthew Fletcher||2011-|
- Dunn, Esther, Webster Through the Years , Webster Town Board, Webster, NY, 1971, p 103-105
- General Webster Church Box, Webster Bible File, Webster Town Historian Office, Webster Museum, 2016.
- “Webster Bible Church”, Webster Herald, Webster, NY, April 23, 1980, p 11A
- “New Pastor at Webster Bible”, Webster Herald, Webster, NY, April 28, 1982, p 1B
- Sorenson, Mike, “Bible Church Dedicates New Sanctuary Sunday”, Webster Herald, Webster, NY, Sept 20, 2000, p 8.
- Webster Bible Church, 2018, http://websterbiblechurch.org/